Monday, May 22, 2006

Friends in Finland (and all over)

Hannu Haahti runs a small CD-R label in Finland. He's been kind enough to put out two of my songs. The first was on a compilation that came out around Christmas last year. The second just came out. It is entitled Kanoja, Myƶs Hanoja . I have no idea what the title means but I like the cover a lot, and to be on a compilation whose lineup includes Ben Reynolds and Robert Horton is kickass.

Speaking of good musicians- my friend Mike Tamburo came through town this past Friday. He performed a long set that built to an amazing crescendo. He's really expanded his sound since I saw him last summer. Accompanying him on this tour was Nick Schillace. Nick is another solo steel-string guitar player. He has a very fluid, fast style, which you can hear on his album Box Canyon

I get by with a little help from my friends.

No comments: