Sunday, March 09, 2008

SXSW Sunday

last night on my way home from the opening party I passed a line of 7 cars each with the drivers side windows smashed...demon alcohol at work I guess. SXSW interactive conference attendees wouldn't do this, would they?

ok, here's my excuse: the hotel left a flyer in my room saying they were changing the clocks on sat when they cleaned my room, but they didn't. so I missed all the morning sessions but had a great breakfast of huevos rancheros at the counter of a bustling diner, so all's well that ends well.

today's keynote went off the rails with Sarah Lacy (Business Week) interviewing Mark Zuckerberg...as the audience becomes increasingly hostile she says "this is the problem with web 2.0"... MZ uses the word "communicate" over a dozen times...I don't buy his line; no one becomes a millionaire who's not in it for the money.

12 steps content panel: if I knew who these women were I'd probably be thrilled but not knowing who they are it didn't mean much to me.

meant to go to geek bowling but got caught up in a tide that brought me to emos which turned out to be fun...one newcastle brown too many, though...

2 comments:

stereogab said...

were those huevos rancheros served at the bustling Starseeds Cafe, per chance?

Iburiedpaul said...

it was a place on Congress near 4th street but for the life of me I can't remember and the interweb isn't giving me any leads