Monday, July 23, 2007

Thoughts While Driving the New Jersey Turnpike

When are cars getting colors again? Every one is silver. And most of them are SUVs. There are lots and lots of silver SUVs out there. Why is everyone driving a silver SUV? It is because everyone else is driving a silver SUV?......At the rest stop there is a rock band in line at the Starbucks. Each one of them is a different rock band dude stereotype. There is the surfer rock dude, the new wave rock dude, and the heavy metal rock dude. Gab asks who they are and I say "Bon Jovi". The woman behind me gets very excited. I don't have the heart to tell her that I was joking......Do people from Scagsville get teased about the name of their town? Girls especially, I would assume. Or has no one thought of that before me? ......Flipping through the radio stations near Fort Lee we come across a hyperactive organ solo. A few notes in I wager it's Deep Purple. After another 30 minutes of drum solos and a 5 minute ending "crescendo" I revise my guess to ELP. Wrong! It's Deep Purple, live. Never second guess on the Jersey Turnpike.

1 comment:

stereogab said...

Never second guess! I knew you were right the first time. ; )