Saturday, December 31, 2005

Top of the Pops for 2005

The end of the year brings the inevitable lists. I'm joining the fray this year. Most of my music purchases the last 12 months was stuff from the sixties and seventies (no surprise there). But I got some new stuff, and here, in no order of preference, is my list of best albums for 2005:
Six Organs of Admittance School of the Flower
Four Tet Everything Ecstatic (Smile Around the Face gets the party started)
Broadcast Tender Buttons (in a just world, Michael A Grammer would be a top ten hit)
Boards of Canada The Campfire Headphase
Badgerlore Stories for Owls
Mountains Mountains
Josephine Foster Hazel Eyes, I Will Lead You (what a voice! The Golden Wooden Tone is my favorite track)
Meat Beat Manifesto At the Center (Bohemian Groove especially)
Landing Brocade (Loft could be a track from a lost Cluster album.)
The Clientele Strange Geometry (on Spirit, Alasdair MacLean sounds like he means it)
Animal Collective Feels (Bees is stoned autoharp greatness)

Happy New Year to all of you. Remember, War is Over if You Want It!

No comments: