Friday, November 04, 2005

Routesforwarandtravel

Routesforwarandtravel was a Yahoo! group with very interesting, active list traffic. Mike Tamburo hipped me to it. Every day I read my "Routes" digests first, before all my other lists. Earlier this week there were probably two or three digests a day. Then everything stopped. A search for the name in Yahoo groups returned nothing. It was gone. Google turned up nothing. A Clusty search gave me this post which led me to the new group. I joined and found that there were 97 members (there had been about 400 on the old list). Turns out the list owner deleted the group because he was tired of the traffic. I guess you can chalk an act like that up to the vagaries of human nature but knowing what I now know I wonder about the people in this group. Is this a treehouse where only certain kids can play? What kind of a person cuts the communication of 400 people without notice?

b

No comments: